The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that the year’s fundraising activities for The Akshaya Patra Foundation which supports over 2 million children in India and in the UK, will be very unique. Walk within the home, in the garden, in the park, hills, plains, to work and back home. All you need to do is count your steps. The more you walk, the more you raise funds.
If you manage to walk at least 5000 steps a day, you will be able to cover 100 miles (average of 1700 steps per mile) by the end of August.
- Step 1 - Register with us!
- Step 2 - We’ll help you set up a fundraiser.
- Step 3 - Walk on and get friends to support your 100 Miles for Meals challenge.
All you need is a generous heart and a good pair of walking/running shoes!
HOW MANY MILES CAN YOU RUN IN 31 DAYS?
Could you take on 50 or 100 miles to help us beat Hunger among children?
Yes! You can even aim for 31 miles in 31 days. It depends on your ability and appetite to walk. We suggest you get your friends and family to donate about £20 per mile covered by you.
- We’d encourage each person taking part to raise at least £2000 for The Akshaya Patra Foundation UK. It can be more or less.
- Track your distance using your phone, smartwatch or other devices.
- Each person is responsible for tracking their mileage and must be able to show evidence to donors if required.
- Make sure you follow government advice around social distancing concerning coronavirus. You should take part on your own or with members of your household and should walk/run in a safe place near to where you live.
WHAT YOUR FUNDRAISING WILL SUPPORT?
- £8 provides a grocery kit that can cook meals for children/family members who are currently suffering from the closure of schools and workplaces due to the pandemic.
- The Akshaya Patra Foundation has served over 70 million meals (freshly prepared and grocery kits) already to the vulnerable including thousands of children all over India, since 25th of March 2020. (COVID 19 Lockdown)
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR RUNNING CHALLENGE?
- The health benefits of walking/running can run into pages.
- It is free, easy and helps you & your family, friends do good.
On behalf of the children who will benefit from your fundraiser – a very big thank you!
Got a question? Call us on 020 80048745 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org