Power of 1
You have the power to feed with £1
£1.25 can feed a child in India for one month.
£5 can feed a child in the UK for an entire week.
Millions of children go to bed hungry in India and in the UK. A warm plate of food with the needed nutrition doesn't just fill their stomach. It makes them happy. For 20 years and counting, Akshaya Patra, (UK charity registration number 1117756) has been tackling hunger and malnutrition among children in India and the UK.
Donate to provide nutrition & satiate hunger.
How your support benefits children:
- Eliminates hunger, tackles malnutrition
- Aids in better concentration at school
- Reduces school dropout rate
- Gives a ray of hope for a better future
SUPPORT AKSHAYA PATRA TO FEED THE CHILDREN
Your donations can reach children in:
- £1.25 provides one hot & healthy meal to a child. Our key beneficiaries include many children from low-income families who are not eligible for Free School Meal vouchers.
- A diverse menu of meals, prepared fresh each morning and served hot to children. Each meal includes the daily requirement of protein, vegetables and is accompanied with a fruit.
- £1.25 provides healthy, hot meals for a whole month to children in government schools in India.
- Locally palatable meals are served across India, which include Dal, Roti, Sambar and rice.
CREATE AN IMPACT ON THE LIVES OF CHILDREN WITH YOUR SUPPORT OF ATLEAST £1.25, a month.
ABOUT THE AKSHAYA PATRA FOUNDATION
We tackle issues of classroom hunger, food poverty among children in India and the UK. Our Food For Education Programme in India's government schools, feeds 1.8 million children in over 19,000 schools, supplied from 55 kitchens across 12 states & 2 union territories of India. Built on a Public-Private Partnership model, the foundation combines good management, innovative technology and smart engineering to deliver a nutritious school lunch every school day.
In the UK, TAPF launched its ‘Nourish to Flourish’ school holiday feeding programme in 2019. We have so far served over 50,000 hot, nutritious lunches to children at holiday clubs across London boroughs. We also serve about 3,000 freshly cooked meals daily to the homeless and rough sleepers in Greater London from our new state-of-the-art community kitchen.
We combine smart engineering and innovative technology to keep the cost of our meals low, without compromising on nutrition levels.